Date of Ph.D. Entrance Examination : 2nd September 2018
- The candidates are advised to read each and every instructions given in this Information Brochure very carefully.
- All entries should be carefully filled. IGTAMSU will not be responsible for wrong entries. Candidates shall be sole responsible for correctness and authenticity of the information/documents provided in the application.
- Application will be scrutinized, relevant documents will be checked/verified for their authenticity.
- Admission will be offered subject to availability of seats.
- Students shall be governed by statutes/ordinances/regulations in vogue.
- The University has the right to cancel, at any stage, the admission for the candidate who is found admitted to a course to which he/she is not entitled, being unqualified or ineligible in accordance with the statutes and regulations in force.
- Dispute, if any, arising out of or relating to any matter whatsoever concerning the aforesaid shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Courts in Ziro.
NAME OF THE FACULTIES
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Commerce
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology
- Faculty of Applied Sciences
- Faculty of Medical Sciences
- Faculty of Law and Juridical Sciences
Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled category of candidates, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.